news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Thought. The Mind. The Brain.

A discussion of thought, the thought process, the brain and the mind/spirit.

When you think to yourself, who does the talking and who does the listening?

Are we breaking a piece of consciousness off to serve as a sounding board or is their another "person" in there with "you"?

Are thoughts real? real meaning can they be measured?
if so what is the quanta or unit of measure for thought?

what is a thought made of? is it electrical in nature?

i'm not really trying to prove a point, i just want to "hear your thoughts" on the matter.

here's a question for bio majors, "what is the physical method the brain uses for memory storage?"
is it similar to a electronics where data is tranlsated into on/off signals which can be imprinted on modifiable media such as a switch in an on/off state? in this case a neuron?

idk.
but if you could give a 2-3 sentence explanation that would help me along my path to understanding.

side note:
say something to yourself.
do you hear the voice?
if so, is it your voice?

Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

well nerves use light and sound waves to transmit signals...so you'd be measuring in decibels and notes, light spectrums I'm assuming.

* edit as well as electrical measures.

It would have to be a formula of the three.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
Crookshank
MORRIS BLACK FAMILY

Crookshank grasshopper

I don't know, but I find existence amazing because it allows thoughts, thinking, etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post
A discussion of thought, the thought process, the brain and the mind/spirit.

Are we breaking a piece of consciousness off to serve as a sounding board or is their another "person" in there with "you"?

if so what is the quanta or unit of measure for thought?

what is a thought made of? is it electrical in nature?

i'm not really trying to prove a point, i just want to "hear your thoughts" on the matter.

here's a question for bio majors, "what is the physical method the brain uses for memory storage?"
is it similar to a electronics where data is tranlsated into on/off signals which can be imprinted on modifiable media such as a switch in an on/off state? in this case a neuron?

idk.
but if you could give a 2-3 sentence explanation that would help me along my path to understanding.

side note:
do you hear the voice?
if so, is it your voice?

Funny that you made this thread. I was at work today thinking about thoughts and does knowledge exists without a knower.

But to answer some of your questions, when we think to ourself, that could be the conscious part of us speaking to our subconscious part?

When we ask our self a question, that could be our subconscious part wanting our consciousness part to find the answer.

It could be possible that the inner part of us is made up of more than one part that could work together.

Are thoughts real? I think they are, but they are invisible to the physical eye. I believe they are real cuz they could cause effects...

...as for the memory question, I've read an article over the weekend stating that there is no part in the human brain responsible for memory. The article pointed to the possibility of memory being stored in some form of aura that surrounds the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I personally find FMJ's approach to message boarding hilarious, considering we've got a lot of people here who often overcompensate for being heterosexual.

The one's who
lose it over his soft, gay care-free posts are suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Danny Kid View Post
Ahh, the numerical mythology of the homosexual african-canadian wu-tang fan is truly strange and wondrous.

What a unique people.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lord Vader- isn't the light and sound just the mode of transportation?
and wouldn't you be measuring the intensity? idk.

FMJ- no memory centers...thats interesting. could you point me in the direction of that info?

whose voice do you hear when you think to yourself? do you hear your own or is it a generic voice?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Quote:
Well I got a thread here on sound and nerves somewhere here from these researchers that proved nerves use sound to send messages.

Where is the sound and light coming from is the question. And that latest thing on us having light emit naturaly.

As for where does that voice come from when u talk to yourself, I need to get back and ponder...but it has something to do with some inter dimensional shit involving what we call the soul I'm guessing. You ever get a strong vibe or hear a loud no when your about to do something stupid or violent?

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post

FMJ- no memory centers...thats interesting. could you point me in the direction of that info?

whose voice do you hear when you think to yourself? do you hear your own or is it a generic voice?

Does Memory Reside Outside the Brain?

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/scie...ious-3486.html

When I think to myself, I imagine my own voice. I was gonna say I hear my own voice, but I don't actually hear a voice - strange eh?

Quote:
I personally find FMJ's approach to message boarding hilarious, considering we've got a lot of people here who often overcompensate for being heterosexual.

The one's who
Quote:
Ahh, the numerical mythology of the homosexual african-canadian wu-tang fan is truly strange and wondrous.

What a unique people.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #8
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

i'm gonna look up the stuff you talkin bout Vader and read this article FMJ. i'll be back later after i digested it.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
...As for where does that voice come from when u talk to yourself... it has something to do with some inter dimensional shit involving what we call the soul I'm guessing.
I think you are right.

A ancient man is quoted as saying "it is the spirit of man who sees through the eye, hears through the ear and feels by means of the nerves."

If the spirit is the thing that sees, hears, and feels, it has its' own eyes, ears, and senses.

If the spirit has those things, could it have it's own mouth and voice - the voice in our heads?

Is the body a replica of the spirit on a physical plane?

I think it is possible that the voice in our heads is the voice of our soul. We hear this voice not with our physical ears though, but maybe with the ears of the soul.

Quote:

The one's who
Quote:

What a unique people.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
diggy
The ABBOTT

Why did this thread stop here?

Add on.

Quote:

The one's who
Quote:

What a unique people.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

its funny cause after reading this i can tell exactly where i was metally/spiritually at the time.
(going back to that thread in gen chat FMJ)

i learned a lot in the past 9 months, and i'll share, but i gotta get back into this mode of thought 1st.

thnx for bumping.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #12
Rollo
An act of God

Rollo drunken mastaRollo drunken mastaRollo drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]A discussion of thought, the thought process, the brain and the mind/spirit.

Conscious sub consciouss super conscious
When I admit something I know to be true to myself as I go in the opposite direction, it's my super conscious, when I go about things without any aim or purpose it's my sub conscious when I experience the world normally, it's with my conscious.

Of course, even when I know what I'm doing is incorrect or flawed, I'll still do it.
Mostly because the thought of breaking my inhibitions is exciting.
Never did much as a youth, I like doing pretty much anything now because of that.
(Stopping short of drugs)

Quote:
I think there is you, that you know and easily understand and there is an inner. That one I refer to as inner is ultimately all of your collective knowledge and intellect as well as your true feelings and nature.
Quote:
Hard to say, if some thoughts can't be measured, is it possible they would be forever beyond our detection?

Quote:
Cholinergic synapses, they are collections of nerve cells that serve either as a memory bank or as our worldly connection to one.
That however brings up a discussion in and of itself. They operate through electric impulses.

Neurons through dendrites that branch off, send electrochemical stimulation which causes different chemical reactions in our brain. This dictates not only how we access our memories but our arousal, mood and how are brain commands different functions of the body in terms of chemical/hormonal relases.
Quote:
side note:
do you hear the voice?
if so, is it your voice?
I don't really "hear" it per se. It's just I more or less poof information to myself on impulse and what comes out is intelligble words/ideas.

Same thing when I go back to super conscious, it just blurts out through me. No voices attatched.
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #13
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

slept on
Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
SPOONS
everything is the all

SPOONS shaolin monk

memory , thought process, and yhe "voice" in your head is something

i've thought about recently

i view the physical world as something like a dream state, physicality not being real

so i view these thigs as definately being located on another level

perhaps the spiritual plane vs the physical one

and maybe the coection between the two alows us to store memory

have a thought process and hear and understand the "voice" in your head

peace
SPOONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #15
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post

i learned a lot in the past 9 months..
Born

Quote:

The one's who
Quote:

What a unique people.

Quote: